PROFESSIONAL ELEVATOR CONSULTANT
A creative, enthusiastic, high achieving Elevator Professional with over twenty three years of outstanding performance based on a solid formal education consisting of a BA from the State University of New York at Stony Brook
Sierra Consulting Group, Inc. (2004 to Present) - VICE PRESIDENT, PARTNER
Cappa Consulting Group, Inc. (February 2002 to March 2004) - PRESIDENT
Sierra Consulting Group is a full service Elevator and Escalator Consulting Company. Prior experience provided over twenty three years in the building transportation consulting business. Sierra provides technical expertise on any job ranging from annual vertical transportation inspections to full vertical transportation modernizations. As an impartial third party consultant, Sierra can provide cost effective methods to save our customers money, while ensuring safe and reliable transportation service. Sierra will oversee any size project from the initial bidding process through completion of the specified job, all the while acting as a liaison between the elevator company and the owner/manager. We offer a full range of elevator and escalator services such as:
Vertical Systems Analysis: An Elevator and Escalator Consulting Company. Increased levels of responsibility, including Office Manager, Director of Operations and then Partner enabled company to grow from a $350,000.00 firm to over $1,000,000.00 in annual sales.
- Managed elevator modernization projects in excess of 25 million dollars
- for Real Estate Owners and Management Companies.
- Coordinated and monitored all dealings between field engineers and office staff.
- Conducted on site elevator inspections, surveys and ADA/Handicap
- compliance audits, preparing specification documents for bidding purposes.
- Monitored contractor work compliance.
- Expedited all NYC Department of Buildings Local Law and Environmental Control Board elevator violations.
- Attended meetings with residential and commercial property managers for bidding purposes.
- Maintained company data base, trained employees on software andsupervised all users.
- Hired new employees, set up company health insurance and 401 K profitsharing plans.
Director of Operations, McGlynn, Hays & Company: A 100 year old family owned Elevator Service, Repair and Modernization Company.
- Managed and directed the daily affairs of a forty person elevator maintenance, repair and machine shop.
- Provided supervision over workers, coordinated the interaction between field mechanics and office staff.
- Oversaw day to day operations, purchasing of elevator equipment, materials and supplies, estimating and attending meetings with perspective clients.
- Administered policies to operate a successful elevator company, dealing with the elevator union as a company representative.
- Night call supervisor, fielding calls from customers on a twenty four hour basis, dispatching mechanics to assist with trouble calls.
Project Manager/Sales Support, Central Elevator Company: A New York branch of a global elevator corporation, Thyssen Krupp Elevator.
- Responsible for new sales and the satisfaction of existing customers in the metropolitan area.
- Directed new projects from inception (estimating) to completion.
- Responsible for the quality assurance of final product and efficiency of work.
- Attended project meetings with clients to update status of projects.
- Interacted with numerous departments to ensure completion. Complemented supervisors and mechanics in ensuring customer satisfaction.
Field Service Technician, Digital Equipment Corporation:A leading telecommunication company in the 1980’s.
- Worked intensively in the voice and data aspects of the telecommunications industry.
- Positions held throughout the years ranged from field service technician, cable harnesser, wire wrapper and cable assembler.
- Traveled to IBM sites within the United States, providing technical support in developing telecommunication and computer systems.
The State University of New York, Technical College, Morrisville, New York.
BA, Interdisciplinary Studies, Economics
The State University of New York, at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, New York.
License # 485-002 New York City Elevator Inspector and Co- Agency Director
International Association of Elevator Consultants, Chairman, NY Region.
National Association of Vertical Transportation Professionals, Vice Chairman.
NAESA, AMSE, CHIP, CMA, Bronx-Manhattan North Association of Realtors & Manhattan Resident Managers, Associated Member